INDIANAPOLIS – Wright State freshman Seth Gray his .722 (13-for-18) with seven runs batted in and five runs scored and has been named Horizon League Batter of the Week. Gray led or tied for the league lead in hits, batting, stolen bases, on base percentage and total bases last week while leading the Raiders to a perfect record. Reid Birlingmair of UIC was nearly unhittable – at one point retiring 21 consecutive batters - tossing eight scoreless innings with six strikeouts in just 91 pitches and is this week’s Pitcher of the Week.
BATTER OF THE WEEK | SETH GRAY | WRIGHT STATE | FRESHMAN | 3B | SPRINGFIELD, OHIO
Gray posted four multi-hit games, including two four-hit efforts on his way to batting .722 (13-of-18) with a .944 slugging percentage and a .737 on base percentage.
He opened the week with a 4-for-4 day against Xavier with a run and RBI. Gray picked up a pair of hits and two steals in the series opener against UT Martin, scoring a run and driving in another. The second game of the three-game series saw the newcomer go 4-for-5 at the dish, including a home run, with a pair of runs scored and three driven in. He closed the week with a three-hit game, adding two more RBI, a run and a stolen base.
2017 Batters of the Week
PITCHER OF THE WEEK | REID BIRLINGMAIR | UIC | SOPHOMORE | RHP | NORMAL, ILL.
- Feb. 20 – Andrew Kendrick, Youngstown State
- Feb. 27 – Andrew Kendrick, Youngstown State
- March 6 – Dalton Varsho, Milwaukee
- March 13 – Lorenzo Arcuri, Youngstown State
- March 20 – Jake Richmond, Northern Kentucky
- March 27 – Scott Ota, UIC
- April 3 – Andrew Kendrick, Youngstown State
- April 10 – Trey Ganns, Northern Kentucky
- April 17 – Seth Gray, Wright State
Reid Birlingmair threw 8.0 scoreless innings while allowing only two hits as he won a series-clinching game against Northern Kentucky on April 14. After surrendering two hits through the first six hitters he faced, Birlingmair retired 21 consecutive hitters to conclude hit outing. The sophomore finished with six strikeouts and one walk, while the Norse, which entered the weekend leading the Horizon League in several offensive categories, batted .080 against him.2017 Pitchers of the Week
- Feb. 20 – Danny Sexton, Wright State
- Feb. 27 – Connor Ryan, UIC
- March 6 – Zane Collins, Wright State
- March 13 – Jake Dahlberg, UIC
- March 20 – Zane Collins, Wright State
- March 27 – Danny Sexton, Wright State
- April 3 – Reid Birlingmair, UIC
- April 10 – Jake Dahlberg, UIC
- April 17 – Reid Birlingmair, UIC
Tags: All Teams - Baseball · Horizon League - Baseball · UIC - Baseball · Wright State - Baseball