Complete Release in PDF Format
INDIANAPOLIS - University of Wisconsin-Green Bay junior midfielder JC Banks has been named Horizon League Men's Soccer Player of the Week for the period of Sept. 1-6.
Banks, a native of Milwaukee, had two goals and an assist as the Phoenix went 1-0-1 in the first week of the season.
Banks scored Green Bay's first goal Tuesday to help the Phoenix rally from a two-goal deficit for a 3-3 draw with No. 9 Northwestern University in their season opener. He then added a goal plus the assist on Tony Walls' game-winner in the 72nd minute in Green Bay's 2-1 victory Saturday at DePaul University.
Green Bay (2-0-1) defeated Western Michigan University 5-1 Monday and next will play Friday at the University of Pittsburgh in the continuation of a five-match road trip.
Other Horizon League Player-of-the-Week nominees (Sept. 7)
Boris Gatzky, Butler, Senior, F -- 2-0-0 team record, 2 goals, 4 points, 11 shots
* Scored the lone goal in 1-0 victory over Xavier and an insurance goal in 2-0 win over IPFW
Josh Williams, Cleveland State, Senior, F -- 1-1 team record, 2 goals, 4 points, 7 shots
* Scored in victory over St. Bonaventure and again in loss to Santa Clara
Mark Halma, Loyola, Senior, F -- 1-0-1 team record, 1 goals, 1 assist, 3 points, 5 shots
* Had a goal and an assist in 4-0 victory over Canisius
Greg Rosenthal, Milwaukee, Junior, D -- 1-2-0 team record, 1 goal, 3 shots
* Scored game-winner and added a team save in 1-0 victory over Western Illinois
Josh Beard, UIC, Freshman, M -- 1 goal, 2 points, 2 shots
* Netted UIC's only goal against UAB in first career game
Jaymie Bullard, Valparaiso, Freshman, M -- 2 goals, 4 points, 4 shots
* Tallied both goals in 2-0 season-opening victory at Eastern Illinois
Jabari Velinor, Wright State, Sophomore, F -- 1 goal, 2 points, 1 shot
* Scored the decisive goal in 3-2 victory at St. Bonaventure in season opener
Tags: Green Bay - Men's Soccer